Post and rail fencing refers to a fencing system which is made up of timber posts and railings. There are three variations of a fencing system which includes, cleft, half-round and square cut posts. This kind of fencing isn’t just for keeping the live stocks within boundaries but also used for demarcating the boundaries of your property. This is one way to ensure that trespassers don’t enter your home. Plus another benefit is that this kind of fencing looks attractive and doesn’t obscure the view of your home.
The post and rail fencing is quite popular with property owners. This is because it has an attractive design. The posts and railings can be customised to create a classy looking fencing system. It’s sturdy yet aesthetically appealing at the same time. And this kind of fencing doesn’t need to be used for large property areas but can be just as attractive on small to mid-sized garden spaces.
The post and rail fencing is somewhat of a rustic appeal which not only serves its purpose well but can add a quaint look to any surrounding it is added. The vertical posts with horizontal rails has a picturesque and charming impact on the way your outdoor space looks.
Another important factor which adds to its popularity is its cost effective design. It can last for quite a number of years. The fencing also requires very little upkeep and maintenance. Some posts come with a long warranty. Make sure you talk to your contractor regarding how long you can expect the fencing to last.
The fences have a natural country side type of look. This is because of the design. The posts have small holes drilled into them which makes it easy to fix the railings and save hours of labour. You can expect your fencing to be completed within a short time span.
Tips for making the most of post and rail fencing
- Make sure that the contractor makes use of pressure treated posts. This makes the posts a great deal sturdier ad can allow you to use the fencing for long periods of time.
- Adding galvanised wire to the post and railing fencing can make it a good enclosure for keeping your pets within safe.
- Dense foliage can be allowed to grow on the fencing which makes it ideal for home owners with livestock and younger children to prevent them from getting hurt.
- The fencing can also help care for new plants which have been planting because these offer good support.
- Post and railing fencing works well for everyone, from homeowners and gardeners as well as livestock farmers. It adds protection to the same without compromising on its aesthetic appeal.
- When choosing a fencing system make sure you take advice from the contractor. They would be able to tell you which design and kind of fencing system you would require.
- Also keep in mind to never compromise on the quality of the material. A good quality fencing system can last for years.